[hcflinux] Caller ID not supported?

Rick Matthews k5wls at verizon.net
Mon Aug 16 11:14:25 EDT 2004

My weekend project was to bring up a network caller id sever using a
127a:1003 PCI modem from the spare parts bin and the hcfpcimodem
software (1.01lnxt04072900full_k2.4.20_28.8-1rh.i586 to be exact).

Current status: The modem gives the proper responses during
initialization but reports only the RINGs with no cid information.

I went back through the archives and found:
	_Seven people have inquired about caller id.
	_Only two of the seven received responses.
	_Both were asked to run "hcfpciconfig --dumpdiag".
	_Both complied and submitted their dumpdiag data.
	_Neither received any additional assistance.
	_One of the two then paid for the full version and re-asked
	 his cid question, but received no response.

Shouldn't caller id be added to the limitations page?

Rick