[hcflinux] No modem ring

RYM002 at netscape.net RYM002 at netscape.net
Mon Nov 1 14:35:33 EST 2004

I am using the free license on fc2. The modem was previously detecting ring's on the phone line. The modem has now stopped detecting when the phone rings. i am only using this modem to display callerid information. i have tested the line by dialing out using atdt and answering by using ata, both seem to work fine. my driver version is hcfpcimodem-1.01lnxt04082400full_k2.6.8_1.521-1fdr installed from rpm. also i have tried booting with noapic and apci=off in the kernel modules, this caused a temporary ring detection.

Ray

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.