[hcflinux] Debian 3.1 + kernel 2.6.10 - busy after ATDT

P at draigBrady.com P at draigBrady.com
Mon Feb 14 17:47:14 EST 2005

Linuxant support (Jonathan) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> according to the emails we have exchanged back in 2004, it seems that
> you have more problems with the driver since you experiences crashes
> with the driver. This is not a known issue with the HCF PCI driver.

Well it's known to me.
No other module crashes for me.

> Did you tried to use another kernel to see if there is a difference?
> Please also make sure that your kernel was compiled without the
> following options:
>
> ---
> CONFIG_4KSTACKS
> CONFIG_PREEMPT
> ---

yes, still crashes, sometimes.

> Please note that a part of the source code is provided in the generic
> packages. This is a part of the source code which is closely related to
> the Linux kernel and this source code will be in the
> '/usr/lib/hcfpcimodem/modules' directory when a generic package is
> installed.

It's the source that interfaces with the modem I'm interested in.
I.E. the bit that 3 people at least have a problem with, when
it "clicks" the modem a few times and then returns a busy signal.

Pádraig.