[hcflinux] Semi-success with a "no name" modem

Andreas U. Trottmann andreas.trottmann at werft22.com
Tue Mar 21 09:55:54 EST 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 11:31:21AM -0500, Linuxant support (Jonathan) wrote:

> please make sure that the right country is selected with the
> 'hcfpciconfig --country' command in a root shell. You could also test
> this modem under Windows XP just to make sure that the modem is working
> fine.

Thank you for your fast reply, and sorry for the delay in my
reply. Indeed the right country ("SWITZERLAND") is selected. I've
tentatively set it to "GERMANY" to see if it makes a difference,
but it doesn't.

I'll check if it's possible to test it in a Windows XP box - I
don't have that many of them :-)

> If you require more assistance, please send at support at linuxant.com the
> output of 'dumpdiag'. Type the following in a root shell:
>
> ---
> hcfpciconfig --dumpdiag
> ---
>
> Just send us the generated file located in /tmp ('hcfdiag.txt').
> It'll help us solve the problem.

I will eventually do that, but before, I will try some other
things first, including using a "standard" Debian kernel instead
of the custom one I'm using now, and also removing other hardware
from the box to see whether there is some cross-influence.

Thank you very much for your assistance so far,

--
Andreas Trottmann
Werft22 AG