[hsflinux-announce] [ANNOUNCE] Improved Conexant HCF/HSF Linux drivers and website

Marc Boucher marc at mbsi.ca
Sat Apr 6 00:40:32 EST 2002

Hi,

I am happy to announce that new versions of the Linux drivers for
Conexant HCF (controllerless) and HSF (soft) modem chipsets featuring
important bug fixes and new distribution-specific RPM packages are
available from our completely redesigned web site at:

	http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/

The new distribution-specific RPM packages contain - in addition to
os-specific source - pre-linked kernel modules for common kernel versions
to facilitate the installation process; no recompilation nor kernel source
tree should be required anymore for most current versions of the mainstream
distributions. We plan to extend the support to more kernel versions,
however on-the-fly recompilation will of course remain supported.

Along with the new web site we are inaugurating four mailing lists
(hcflinux-announce, hsflinux-announce, hcflinux, hsflinux) for announcements
and open discussion of HCF/HSF driver issues under Linux.

Instructions on how to subscribe, post to, or consult the archives of
those lists and many additional resources are on the web site above.

Cheers!
Marc