[hsflinux-announce] Linuxant releases significantly enhanced
Conexant HCF and HSF drivers
marc at linuxant.com
Mon Sep 8 17:04:38 EDT 2003
We are excited to announce that new, significantly enhanced versions
of the Conexant HCF and HSF drivers are now available from:
- V.92 support in full version (new for HSF)
- Class 1.0 FAX support in full version (new for HSF), compatible with
HylaFAX, efax-gtk, and efax
- Digital Call Progress for HSF (playing the modem dialing sound through
the Linux audio system)
- Implementation of Conexant's SDK2K (for upcoming Modem On Hold)
- Better hardware support, including latest Conexant devices
- Multiple device instances (several modems can now be simultaneously used)
- Linux 2.6 kernel compatibility
- Improved SMP and preemptible kernel support
- Prebuild RPM packages for the latest Mandrake/RedHat/SuSE kernels
- Debian packages
- Many bug fixes
The detailed changelog is available from our web-site.
We strongly recommend that all users upgrade to the latest version.
Linux 2.2 kernels are no longer supported. Please switch to 2.4 or
later. Please report any new or persisting problems.
Because the scope of the project has grown beyond the capacity of a
single volunteer and legal issues prevent us from using a classic
open-source development model, the modem drivers are now available in
- a free version (limited to 14.4kbps data), available at no cost. Please
use it to test if your hardware is compatible.
- a full version (with 56K and FAX), available for a modest price.
Proceeds will be used to further improve the drivers. Getting the full
version is the best way to encourage us and ensure that this project
Thank you for your support!
More information about the hsflinux-announce