[hsflinux] driver 8086 2486 (fwd)

Marc Boucher marc at mbsi.ca
Fri Apr 12 16:44:50 EDT 2002

Hi Soeren, Eric,

let's try something: open /usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec/linuxres.c
with a text editor, look for function LinuxGetHwPciRes()
and go to the following section:

    pdev = pci_find_device(VendorId, DeviceId, NULL);
    if (pdev == NULL)
        return FALSE;

	*pPciDev = pdev;

just before the this last line add pdev->irq=9;

the code should now look like:

    pdev = pci_find_device(VendorId, DeviceId, NULL);
    if (pdev == NULL)
        return FALSE;

	pdev->irq=9;

	*pPciDev = pdev;

then save & rebuild the kernel modules (with hsfconfig --kernel) and reboot.

You might want to also look under windows which irq is used for
the modem and use the same value instead of 9 above.

Let me know the results so that I can implement a proper fix..

Marc