[hsflinux] no carrier problem.

Yuval Turgeman yuval at il.linuxqa.com
Sat Apr 13 15:45:54 EDT 2002

Hello -
I'm having a problem with the hsf modem.  The modem connects fine to my ISP,
but a few seconds later it gets a no carrier.  By the way, it works fine with
other ISP's.  Under windows, the modem log mentions something about receiving
an unknown command but not dropping the line since CD (?) is high.
Under linux, this is what I get from strace on minicom:

select(4, [0 3], NULL, NULL, {1, 0}) = 1 (in [3], left {0, 930000})
read(3, "\r\nNO CARRIER\r\n", 127) = 14
write(1, "\n\33[m\17\17NO CARRIER\r\n", 18) = 18

btw, echo "atdt<number>" > /dev/ttyHSF0, also hangs up after a few seconds.

Has anyone encountered this before ?
Thanks,
Yuval.