[hsflinux] driver 8086 2486

Soeren Vogel soeren.vogel at phil.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Apr 14 21:32:32 EDT 2002

Last message I've posted contained a wrong mail address, I
haven't found my posting within the mailing list, so I'll do
the job again:

Hi Marc, Eric,

My Windows explained the irq=9 for the softmodem. I've found
the line in the drivers c files and added everything as you
recommended. When dialing the Modem made lots of noise -- at
least, it made something :-) and the tone-dialing and
volume-setup worked :-). But WvDial said no dial tone.
Minicom found everything but wasn't able to dial, too. I've
switched around lots of options in the RedHatInternetDialer
but nothing changed. Are there special strings and init
options when using the hsf driver?

WvDial debug option made the following log:

WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.41
Initializing modem.
Sending: ATZ
ATZ

OK
Sending: ATM0
ATM0

OK
Modem initialized.
Sending: ATDT 019161
Waiting for carrier.
ATDT 019161

NO DIALTONE
No dial tone.  Trying again in 5 seconds.
EINWAHL VOM BENUTZER ABGEBROCHEN (en: aborted by user)
Disconnecting at Sat Apr 13 21:02:16 2002
EINWAHL BEENDET (dialing finished)

> > From: egrimmer at ac-toulouse.fr
> > My sony is a PCG-GR214MP and the jogdial works just fine on
> > a mdk82 so it's got nothing to do with it.

Since some mailing lists said the sonypi enables ACPI
features of the sony notebooks I am not so sure expecting
something to be not responsible for anything :-). In fact, I
won't sleep well at night until dmesg remains saying lines
like "no irq found, try something". What about setting up a
site describing the PCG-GRx1xMP stuff we're talking about?
Or, if you already have such a site, I could post you some
more facts I'm collecting?

Sincerly, Soeren.

soeren.vogel at phil.tu-chemnitz.de
www.redisc.net (forwarded)