[hsflinux] driver 8086 2486

Kimbrell, Roy RKIMBRELL at northropgrumman.com
Sat Apr 20 18:44:40 EDT 2002

I have a Sony Vaio PGC-GR290K.  It's HSF modem is a 8086:2486.  I set
Plug'n'play to NO in the BIOS then booted.  Tried wvdial which reported:

WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.41
Cannot open /dev/ttyHSF0: Input/output error

wvdial works with the PCMCIA card modem I'm using in this machine.

I'm using the hsflinmodem-4.06.06.02mbsibeta02041300-1_redhat.i586.rpm
distribution

In /proc hsfich, hsfserial, hsfengine, and hsfosspec are all loaded.

Roy