[hsflinux] HSF Modem in Sony VAIO PCG-FX202 with Linux 2.4.18

Sven Hoexter sven at telelev.net
Sun Apr 21 16:15:05 EDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 01:06:58AM +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 09:50:27PM +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:

ok another reply to my own mail.

Vaio PCG-FX202]

> Ok and now what worked:
> I activatet all kernel debuging options and wooop it worked, and it's
> reproduceable ...
> Maybe I've the time tomorrow to find out wich option is the source of the
> prob.
I took a closer look today at the system and the logs and I found in
/var/log/syslog (there I log *.*) a lot these lines:

Apr 21 12:46:39 trillian kernel: io mapaddr 0x00030 not valid at linuxres.c:153!
Apr 21 12:46:39 trillian kernel: io mapaddr 0x0003c not valid at linuxres.c:168!
Apr 21 12:46:39 trillian kernel: io mapaddr 0x0003c not valid at linuxres.c:153!
Apr 21 12:46:39 trillian kernel: io mapaddr 0x00026 not valid at linuxres.c:161!
Apr 21 12:46:39 trillian kernel: io mapaddr 0x00026 not valid at linuxres.c:146!
Apr 21 12:46:39 trillian kernel: io mapaddr 0x0002c not valid at linuxres.c:168!
Apr 21 12:46:39 trillian kernel: io mapaddr 0x0002c not valid at linuxres.c:153!
Apr 21 12:46:39 trillian kernel: io mapaddr 0x00028 not valid at linuxres.c:153!
Apr 21 12:46:39 trillian kernel: io mapaddr 0x00028 not valid at linuxres.c:168!
Apr 21 12:46:39 trillian kernel: io mapaddr 0x00028 not valid at linuxres.c:153!

They start when I use wvdial and they quit short after I stoped wvdial.
At the moment I cannot say if the modem realy dials cause I've no sound
(L1 and M1 are set) and wvdial aborts after about 30s with "NO CARRIER"
The no carrier thing might be a problem with the analog port of the
TK-system (what's a "Telefonanlage" in english?).

Any hints?

Sven
--
Lamer! :)\nLokaler Admin mit enormen Rechten[tm]
[Christian Schneider und Jens Himmelrath in alt.hacker.org-gcf]