[hsflinux] Build Errors in 4.06.06.02 on Linux Kernel 2.5.7

Daniel G. Pruitt pruitt at lanl.gov
Wed May 1 12:03:02 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Here's my setup:

Sony VAIO PCG-GR170K
RedHat Linux 7.2
Linux Kernel 2.5.7

I was gettting the PCI IRQ problems with Linux-2.4, so I built a 2.5.7 kernel
and enabled the ACPI code instead of APM.  The ACPI code seems to be working
well... no more nasty messages about unkown IRQs.

So, I downloaded the tgz source for the hsf driver, and after running "make
install" successfully, the hsfconfig gives me grief!

I have included the hsfconfig output and the hsfconfig error log.  If anyone
has any suggestions, I'd appreciate some help with this.

Thanks,
Daniel
---------

[root at lallorona hsflinmodem-4.06.06.02mbsibeta02042200]# hsfconfig
Linux HSF softmodem drivers, version 4.06.06.02mbsibeta02042200

WARNING: this is an EXPERIMENTAL BETA VERSION of the HSF drivers for Linux.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! See the file /usr/lib/hsf/LICENSE for details.

Conexant Systems neither distributes nor maintains this package.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT CONEXANT REGARDING THIS SOFTWARE!!!
If you require assistance or need more information, go to:
              http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv

Should we attempt to automatically configure your hardware? [yes]

Selected PCI VendorID=8086 DeviceID=2486
and INF file /etc/hsf/inf/linux_intel_smartmc.inf

Supported countries:

AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BULGARIA,
CANADA, CHINA, CROATIA, CZECH, DENMARK,
FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HONG-KONG,
HUNGARY, ICELAND, INDIA, INDONESIA, IRELAND,
ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, KOREA, LUXEMBOURG,
MALAYSIA, MEXICO, NETHERLAND, NEW_ZEALAND, NORWAY,
PHILIPPINES, POLAND, PORTUGAL, RUSSIA, SINGAPORE,
SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SOUTH_AFRICA, SPAIN, SWEDEN,
SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN, THAILAND, TURKEY, UK,
UNITED_ARAB_EMIRATES, USA

Please enter your country name [USA]:

Configuring modem for country: "USA"
You can change this setting later with the command "hsfconfig --country"

No pre-built HSF modules are available for your exact kernel:
	linux-2.5.7-i686-RedHat-7.2-MODVERS

Assuming that a C compiler and proper kernel sources are present
on your system, we will now attempt to re-compile the modules.

Where is the linux source build directory that matches your running kernel?
[/lib/modules/2.5.7/build]

Re-compiling HSF modules for kernel 2.5.7, using source directory
/lib/modules/2.5.7/build. Please wait..

ERROR: Module re-compilation and installation failed!
Please examine the log file "/tmp/hsfconfig-recomp.log.12207" to determine
why.

The LOG FILE FOLLOWS:
[root at lallorona hsflinmodem-4.06.06.02mbsibeta02042200]# cat
/tmp/hsfconfig-recomp.log.12207
rm -f *.o
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec'
rm -f *.o
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec'
make -C osspec all
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec'
* Compiling osmemory.c
* Compiling osstring.c
* Compiling osdebug.c
* Compiling osfloat.c
* Compiling osstdio.c
* Compiling osmodule.c
* Compiling osnvm.c
* Compiling ostime.c
* Compiling linuxres.c
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec'
* Compiling mod_osspec.c
> Linking kernel module hsfosspec.o

* Compiling mod_basic2.c
> Linking kernel module hsfbasic2.o

* Compiling mod_ich.c
> Linking kernel module hsfich.o

* Compiling mod_yukon.c
> Linking kernel module hsfyukon.o

* Compiling mod_engine.c
> Linking kernel module hsfengine.o

* Compiling serial_hsf.c
In file included from serial_hsf.c:803:
serial_core.c: In function `uart_open':
serial_core.c:1415: invalid operands to binary &
make: *** [serial_hsf.o] Error 1