[hsflinux] "free free IRQ11" problem

root devil at attglobal.net
Sun May 5 12:14:36 EDT 2002

I just installed the newest hsflinmodem-5.03.03 red hat package.

Previous one would install, modem was recognized, but Linux would crash
when attempting to dial, right before connecting.

Now, with the newest one, I get the dreaded message in messages:

kernel: PCI: Trying to free free IRQ11
kernel: hsf_request_port: ComCtrlOpen failed, r=1!

(Without being preceeded by the suggestion to set PCI=biosirq, BTW.)

Modem is reecognized as 8086:2486.  Windows 2000 recognized it as Lucent
ARM soft modem.  This business of PCI modem types, which is what, is
supported or not, got me totally confused. Is this one of the not
supported ones?