[hsflinux] Problems with new driver

Kai Germaschewski kai-germaschewski at uiowa.edu
Wed May 8 10:42:39 EDT 2002

Hi,

first of all, thanks for your effort to provide a driver for the HSF based
modems.

Yesterday, I decided to get my dial-up working again. I had installed the
4.x release a long time ago, and it worked fine. I recompiled the old
driver for 2.5.14 (it's just a s/MINOR/minor/ in serial_core.c, and AFAIK
nothing changed in the serial layer in 2.5). After that the modem worked
fine (not exactly fast, but I tend to think that's my phone line's fault).

Anyway, as I could now dial up, I downloaded the latest version of the
driver and did install it. After that something seemed broken, I only
managed to get a working connection once, otherwise it wouldn't connect at
all (NO CARRIER) or I'd get random garbage after the CONNECT (different
garbage from what you get when the other side speaks PPP).

Also, with the connection in this state, I wasn't able to get back into
command mode (+++), that may be the known bug I found on your webpage. The
only way to get things reseted was to rmmod the modules.

Any ideas on that, and also is there a place where I can get the old (4.x)
driver from?

--Kai