[hsflinux] depmod error. please help.

Rares Cosma raresuc at xnet.ro
Sat May 11 18:19:00 EDT 2002

hello everyone.

when i run hsfconfig i get:

"Warning: existing HSF modules found under /lib/modules/2.4.5/misc/
Would you like to keep using them? [no]

No pre-built HSF modules are available for your exact kernel:
        linux-2.4.5-i586-Slackware-8.0.0

	Assuming that a C compiler and proper kernel sources are present
	on your system, we will now attempt to re-compile the modules.

	Where is the linux source build directory that matches your running
kernel?
	[/lib/modules/2.4.5/build]

	Re-compiling HSF modules for kernel 2.4.5, using source directory
	/lib/modules/2.4.5/build. Please wait..
	Re-compilation and installation of HSF modules succeeded.
	depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.5/misc/hsfosspec.o
	depmod:         __global_cli
	depmod:         __global_save_flags
	depmod:         __global_restore_flags
	depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.5/misc/hsfserial.o
	depmod:         __global_cli
	depmod:         __global_save_flags
	depmod:         __global_restore_flags

	Your HSF modem should now be accessible as /dev/ttySHSF0
	or through the symbolic link /dev/modem."

anm my pppd is unable to use the modem. please help me.

i run slackware linux 8.