[hsflinux] Strange problem with HCF modem in Linux

Shaji Vyapron shaji at myrealbox.com
Sun May 12 20:45:44 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have frequent problems with connecting to ISP using HSF modem in Linux. The problem happens very frequently in Linux and never happens in Windows XP. The modem does not get any signal after dialing the number to ISP(I can hear dialtone and dialing sound) and stays there and times out after sometime. Once I encounter the problem, connecting to ISP fails always for a few days, but it always works in Windows. Once it starts working, it works fine for a few days. the following shows the output of last call information. Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated. My system is a gateway 9550 solo laptop and I have Redhat 7.2.

Shaji

Welcome to minicom 1.83.1

Compiled on Aug 28 2001, 15:09:33.

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0

OK

ATI9

INDIA

OK

atdp172233

NO CARRIER

at#ug

<#UG VERSION=1>

<UNIMODEM VERSION=10>

<CALL SETUP RESULT=Detected No Recognizable Tone>

<MULTIMEDIA MODE=Data Only>

<DTE-DCE MODE=Async data>

<V.8 CM octet string="">

<V.8 JM octet string="">

<RX SIG POWER DB=0, TX SIG POWER DB=0, S/N RATIO DB=0>

<NORMALIZED MEAN SQUARED ERROR=0>

<NEAR ECHO LOSS=0>

<FAR ECHO LOSS=0>

<FAR ECHO DELAY=0>

<ROUND TRIP DELAY=0>

<V.34 INFO bit map =0>

<TX MOD=V.17, TX SYMBOL RATE=0, TX CARRIER FREQ=0>

<RX MOD=V.17, RX SYMBOL RATE=0, RX CARRIER FREQ=0>

<TX FIRST DATA RATE=0, RX FIRST DATA RATE=0>

<CARRIER LOSS=0, RATE RENEG=0>

<RETRAINS REQ=0, RETRAINS DET=0>

<TX FINAL RATE=0, RX FINAL RATE=0>

<PROTOCOL NEGOTIATION=None>

<EC FRAME SIZE=0>

<EC LINK TIMEOUTS=0>

<EC LINK NAKS=0>

<COMPRESSION NEGOTIATION=None>

<COMPRESSION DICTIONARY SIZE=0>

<TX FLOW CONTROL=0>

<RX FLOW CONTROL=0>

<TX CHARS SENT FROM DTE=7>

<RX CHARS SENT TO DTE=14>

<TX CHARS LOST=0>

<RX CHARS LOST=0>

<TX FRAME COUNT=0>

<RX FRAME COUNT=0>

<TX FRAME ERROR COUNT=0>

<RX FRAME ERROR COUNT=0>

<TERMINATION CAUSE=Key abort>

<LSD Vdd=0, Power Bits=0>

<V8BIS FLEX VERSION=0, V8BIS DSP VERSION=0>

<RATE RENEG REQ=0, RATE RENEG DET=0>

<HIGH PASS FILTER ENABLED=0>

<ROBBED BIT PATTERN=0>

<DIGITAL PAD DETECTED=0, DIGITAL LOSS ESTIMATE=0>

<Cnt1=0, Det1=0, Res1=0>

<EQM=0, TRAINING EQM SUM=0>

<DIB ERROR COUNTERS=0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0>

<RETRAIN/HDLC RESET=0>

OK