[hsflinux] latest driver & RI...

Michael Landon - IBN mlandon at ibnads.com
Fri May 17 09:25:52 EDT 2002

We recently downloaded the HSF driver
(hsflinmodem-5.03.03.01mbsibeta02050500-1_redhat.i586.rpm) for use on our RH 7.3
system.  One of the requirements for one of the applications running on our
system is to be able to detect an incoming ring.  We previously used the
4.06.06.02-1 drivers available off Conexant's website
(http://www.conexant.com/customer/md_driverdownload.jsp) and were able to use
the following code to detect a ring:

err = ioctl(fd, TIOCMGET, &mstat);
if(err == -1)
{
    printf("Unable to query device [%s].\nError code: %i\n", argv[1], errno);
    exit(255);
}
if (mstat & TIOCM_RI)
{
    ret = 1;
    printf("RING\n");
}

Now, however, using the latest driver, the code above doesn't work.  Is there
something else we need to do w/ the new driver to get the ring info?

Also, we've tried to use TIOCMIWAIT w/ the HSF driver to just wait until an
incoming ring is detected (see below), however the method only works w/ the
4.06.06.02-1 drivers and ONLY immediately after the install of the driver.  As
soon as we reboot, the TIOCMIWAIT functionality just seems to disappear.  Here's
the code we're using:

mstat = TIOCM_RI;
err = ioctl(fd, TIOCMGET, &mstat);
if(err == -1)
{
    printf("Unable to query device [%s].\nError code: %i\n", argv[1], errno);
    exit(255);
}
ret = 1;
printf("RING\n");

Any ideas on why this might be happening?  We'd like to use the new driver due
to other issues we've noticed w/ the old driver (specifically the perpetual
indication of a "false" ring after detecting a "true" incoming ring).

TIA.
Michael