[hsflinux] More 8086 2486

Lars Hecking lhecking at nmrc.ucc.ie
Fri May 17 17:21:35 EDT 2002

 First posting :)

 I have installed the hsflinmodem-5.03.03.01mbsibeta02050500 driver on my
 SuSE system, and it doesn't appear to work. I get the following in dmesg:

PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:1f.6
PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 00:1f.3
PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 00:1f.5
PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 02:01.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 02:04.1
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 00:1f.6 to 64
Trying to free free IRQ10
hsf_request_port: ComCtrlOpen failed, r=1!

 The modem is 1f.6, and it identifies itself as 82801CA/CAM AC'97, Intel.
 Kppp tells me modem is busy.

 How do I proceed, what can I try? I did check the list archive, and there
 was one suggestion which involved modifying the driver to hardwire the irq
 (if I understand the code correctly), but I didn't see any useful follow-ups.