[hsflinux] New hsflinmodem-5.03.03.01mbsibeta02052100 release

Lars Hecking lhecking at nmrc.ucc.ie
Tue May 21 17:05:28 EDT 2002

Marc Boucher writes:
> Hi everyone,
>
> A new experimental version of the Conexant HSF (softmodem) driver for
> Linux is now available from
>
> 	http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv
>
> This is mostly a bugfix release, which is recommended for users affected
> by the absence of /dev/ttySHSF0 under Mandrake, make errors, or RING
> detection not working.
>
> Please let me know if any of these problems persist.

 It still doesn't work on my SuSE 8 system. Any advice?

PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:1f.6
PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 00:1f.3
PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 00:1f.5
PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 02:01.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 02:04.1
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 00:1f.6 to 64
Trying to free free IRQ10
hsf_request_port: ComCtrlOpen failed, r=1!

$ cat /proc/pci
  Bus  0, device  31, function  6:
    Class 0703: PCI device 8086:2486 (rev 1).
      IRQ 10.
      I/O at 0x2400 [0x24ff].
      I/O at 0x2000 [0x207f].