[hsflinux] Cross compiling...

Paul Krushka p.krushka at bsgaustralia.com.au
Thu May 30 12:57:25 EDT 2002

Hi,

I want to try hsflinmodem-5.03.03 on Midori Linux (midori.transmeta.com).
This distribution is built on my host system by cross compiling.  I have
managed to compile the modules through a few tweaks of the make files ( this
has been well thought out, good work :)

Anyway, I now want to generate the bin file and firmware files that are
needed but as the hsfconfig script has hard coded paths for everything I
can't use it.  Is there a how-to or some info that can tell me the steps I
need to take to get this working?

I've looked through the hsfconfig script and I think I can use the
hsffirm2bin and hsfinf2bin to generate these files if I knew the data
required to be input.

Is there an overview to how all these bits link together? like:

1. generate modules
2. create bin file
3. choose firmware file depending on values in inf file
4. add these nodes to /dev/ for the device to use
5. insmod these modules in this order

I know I'm asking a lot but I'm hoping there is some info somewhere regarding
this.

Thanks

Paul