[hsflinux] pic modem

Raunak Singh Ahluwalia raunak at mercury.co.in
Mon Jun 3 01:26:16 EDT 2002

hi,
i've got a hp pavilion pc, with a bundled winmodem, Conexant 127a, 2014... installed redhat 7.0, kernerl 2.2.16.
now i managed minicom to recognize my modem by istalling the olitec pci driver, but the damn thing still doesnt work... whenever i dial, i hear the modem picking up the line, and thats all... even stuff like atx0 and atx3 doesnt make the modem dial (i got a pulse phone sys btw)
can nebody help me out?? (i'm new to linux, so try and make it painless).... Linux's no good to me if i cant use my modem on it...i mean my max works online..
neways, thanks
raunak