[hsflinux] Driver licence ?

David Balazic david.balazic at uni-mb.si
Wed Jun 5 16:58:57 EDT 2002

lpotter wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 June 2002 02:10 pm, David Balazic wrote:
> > What ? Nobody knows ?
> >

> uhh.. those *.o files are the object files created by compiling the source
> code. The linker then links those object files into the binaries. I would
> presume they are a 'derived' work.. heh maybe, and so are probably licensed
> with the same license as the source whence they came from

Hmm, no. The *.O files ( note not *.o ! ) in the .../imported/
directory, that
are part of the source tar.gz (
hsflinmodem-5.03.03.L2mbsibeta02052300.tar.gz,
to be specific ) package come with no sources, they are not rebuilt, if
you
delete them, then the driver can not be built.
I also discovered the licence for them ( at least I assume that this
license is
for that files ) in the ( ahem... ) LICENSE file.

So , sorry for bothering you ...

bye,
david