[hsflinux] debian?

Sidik Isani lksi at cfht.hawaii.edu
Fri Jun 7 11:56:14 EDT 2002

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 06:28:13PM +0100, Sam Clegg wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 01:49:56AM +0100, Iain D Broadfoot wrote:
> > hey guys,
> >
> > has anyone managed to install the drivers on a debian system?
>
> yes, woody with 2.4.18.

Hello there -

  By the way, what does "gcc -v" say on that Debian system, and is
  it the same as used for building the Kernel itself?

> > if not / as well as, how do i convince the install scripts that i have the kernel source installed?
>
> Sorry, can't remeber, some sym link or other.  Perhaps /usr/include/(linux|asm)
> needs to point into your 2.4 source tree.

  Also make sure /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build is a symbolic link
  to /usr/src/linux (or whatever directory your kernel source is in.)
  I think the tree has to be configured and "make dep"'d to be
  useful also.

Be seeing you,

- Sidik