[hsflinux] uart and irq settings for /dev/ttySHSF0

Marc Boucher marc at mbsi.ca
Wed Jun 12 02:31:26 EDT 2002

ttySHSF0 is a completely virtual uart, there is no point to use setserial
on it.  The type, irq, and i/o values reported are indeed dummy placeholders.
The real values are assigned automatically to the low-level hardware driver.

You should see hsf modules loaded after trying to access the device.

If not, then try "modprobe hsfserial" manually to see if any error
messages occur. Afterwards run "dmesg" to check for additional kernel
error messages..

Marc