[hsflinux] VAIO FX501 NO DIALTONE NO CARRIER

Michael McConnell soruk at eridani.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 18:46:51 EDT 2002

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Sebastian Stein wrote:

> Roland Marcus Rutschmann <Roland.M.Rutschmann at uni-oldenburg.de> [020613 18:08]:
> > The modem cable is taken of my home modem which works perfektly with my
> > other computer.
>
> I think Sony provided a cable with the laptop. I have to use this cable to
> get the modem working. Maybe try this.

I've found the Sony-supplied cable a bit on the short side... the much longer
cable supplied with my USR external modem works nicely though.

-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell		           [Eridani Linux 6.3 Now!]
Eridani Linux  --  The Most Up-to-Date Red Hat-based Linux CDROMs Available
Email: linux at eridani.co.uk  http://www.eridani.co.uk   Fax: +44-8701-600807
    "No. 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'" - Dr Who.