[hsflinux] HSF drivers causing random reboots

gte733z at mail.gatech.edu gte733z at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 17 05:40:10 EDT 2002

I am using the latest HSF drivers with VIA AC97 modem support on my HP
Pavilion ze1115. I am experiencing the usual problems of no carrier and no
dial tone, but I am able to connect after repeated trials. However, the major
problem is that the computer just shuts off and restarts at seemingly random
intervals when connected to the net through the modem. It does not seem to
occur as a result of running any programs or any specific tasks.

I am using the 2.4.18 kernel w/ latest ACPI patch.