[hsflinux] LinModem

the_williams the_williams at mudisland.fsworld.co.uk
Sun Jun 16 16:06:27 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am trying to run the driver for the winmodem 127A 2015 on an installation of RedHat Linux 7.2 . It loads up perfectly and I have set up to dial my ISP. It appears to find the carrier but fails I think on authentication. If I debug it shows the following:

WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.41
Initializing modem.
Sending: ATZ
ATZ

OK
Sending: ATM1L3
ATM1L3

OK
Modem initialized.
Sending: ATDT 08089916001
Waiting for carrier.
ATDT 08089916001

CONNECT 115200
Carrier detected.  Waiting for prompt.
~}#@!}!}!}  }!}$}%\}"}&} }*} } }#}$@#}%}&};dq[}'}"}(}"}1}$}%bXW~PPP negotiation detected.
Starting pppd at Fri Jun  7 18:59:55 2002
PPP daemon has died! (exit code = 16)
Disconnecting at Fri Jun  7 19:00:58 2002
Auto Reconnect will be attempted in 5 seconds
Initializing modem.
Sending: ATZ
ATZ

OK
Sending: ATM1L3
ATM1L3

OK
Modem initialized.

DIALING CANCELED BY USER
Initializing modem.
Sending: ATZ
ATZ

OK
Sending: ATM1L3
ATM1L3

OK
Modem initialized.
Disconnecting at Fri Jun  7 19:01:03 2002

DIALING FINISHED

I have looked everywhere to find out what the exit code 16 is without success. Can you assist ?

regards

Dave Williams