[hsflinux] No dialtone again on Vaio

Michael McConnell soruk at eridani.co.uk
Tue Jun 18 08:55:12 EDT 2002

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Sebastian Stein wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the hsflinmodem-5.03.03.L2mbsibeta02060200.tar.gz package and
> installed it. The installation process worked well and if I do a lsmod, I
> get:
>
> hsfvia                 96256   2  (autoclean)
> hsfserial              17024   1  (autoclean)
> hsfengine             890464   0  (autoclean) [hsfserial]
> hsfosspec              19952   0  (autoclean) [hsfvia hsfengine]
[snip]
> ATZ
> OK
> ATM1L3
> OK
> ATDT010880192658
> NO DIALTONE

> I changed the setup to send a ATX3 after the ATZ, but nothing happens. I
> think the modem doesn't even block the line, because I can call in by phone.

I've seen this too. The new driver is worse in that even when it gets the
line I can hear drop-outs through headphones on the Vaio, and the modem never
manages to negotiate. In the 02060200 driver I heard the dropouts but the
modem could negotiate a line.

Like an idiot I deleted the old driver. Does anyone have the 02060200 source
RPM they could email me? It's a shame the website doesn't keep at least one
previous release available....

-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell		           [Eridani Linux 6.3 Now!]
Eridani Linux  --  The Most Up-to-Date Red Hat-based Linux CDROMs Available
Email: linux at eridani.co.uk  http://www.eridani.co.uk   Fax: +44-8701-600807
    "No. 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'" - Dr Who.