[hsflinux] Weird noise problem - SOLVED!

Jürgen Wallner juergen at unicornandbutterfly.purrsia.com
Tue Jun 18 15:00:42 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 6/18/2002 00:57 Marc Boucher wrote:
> Servus Jürgen,
  ^^^^^^
Now that came unexpected... How do you happen to know this
typically Austrian greeting?

> Try modifying the /etc/hsf/inf/linux_hsfi.inf file to use the same
> country RELAYS parameters than the ones in the INF or CTY files of
> the official windows driver for your modem. Then re-run hsfconfig
> and report back your results to me.
>
> You might want to also gradually try changing other parameters
> (FLAGS etc..) to values used by the windows driver..

Success! It seems to work now - with speeds up to 52000bps! I'm a
happy person... ;o) I'm not sure if it's really necessary to modify all the
values to match those of the windows driver, but I had unsuccessfully
tried with the RELAY parameters only and later discovered that I must
have missed the hsfconfig-step at first. Once it worked I didn't want
to go back and try again - at least not unless you ask me to... :) The
resulting file is at http://unicornandbutterfly.purrsia.com/linux_hsfi.inf
(there's a freshly generated hsfdiag.txt as well, just in case..)

> Good luck
> Marc

Thanks a lot, especially for responding so fast! Keep up the good work...

Jürgen