[hsflinux] Problems to maintain a connection online more than 2 min

Victor Ortega victorteg at linuxmail.org
Sat Jul 6 15:09:36 EDT 2002

Hello again, and thanks for replying.

Yes, the Windows connection stays connected up to 8 hours in a row (due to the ISP restrictions), and I attempted to get online with the Win connection after the linux one failed, and it did so without problems at all.

I already reviewed everything mentioned in the url you sent me, that is how I could know the Modem Type Identification, and after a second revision, I am sure I followed every step properly.

Today I tried to get online on linux again just a couple of hours ago, and the modem still does a HANGUP (Exit: 16) before it reaches the 2.5 minutes. After that I got online on WinXP, and I've been on without problems.

According to the "List Modem Application for Linux" My modem is a HSF 56K Conexant 127A:2014, running on Red Hat Linux 7.2, kernel 2.4.7-10. I have a Celeron 1.2GHz processor, and considering all these elements is that I chose the driver, which had a crystal installation using the rpm, and the kppp app could detect the modem.

My question is, is there a parameter or configuration I might be misregarding, in which it might be pre-configuring the modem to hang up by inactivity, or what this could be about?