[hsflinux] HSF Modem sudden disconnection

Victor Ortega victorteg at linuxmail.org
Sat Jul 13 08:53:31 EDT 2002

Hello everyone

I already sent you all a mail reporting a problem with my HSF modem a while ago, I have received your advice and unfortunately I have not been able to fix this yet. The problem I have is that my modem does not remain online for longer than a few minutes (yesterday I could stay online for 6 minutes, but the average is always around 2 or 3).

I have a HSF modem, 127A:1024, as indicated by the application that is provided by the linux drivers website. My system is a i686 (Celeron 1.2GHz) running on a RH7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10

Re-reading the following url:

http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/hsf/install.html

I realised that I hadn't read it complete as I thought. On the end of this page, there is the following text:
<------------------------------------------------>
BUGS
A list of currently known bugs is included in the file "BUGS".

BAD CONNECTIONS
If you experience sudden disconnects or bad connections, please check the last call status information, which can be obtained with the
AT#UG command.

Now, my question is: Where can I find that file "BUGS"? I suppose that file is installed as part of the whole driver installation, but I don't know where it is placed.

Another question is: How and where can I use that AT#UG command to obtain the information it mentions of the last call status? The only information I have obtain is the one that the kppp displays after the modem disconnects, and there it also shows me that the exit number was 16 (HANGUP).

Thanks for everything, I hope you have a good time, ciao!

PS: Peter, thanks for your help, I tested what you adviced me with the apmd daemon, it was running, and I stopped it, but it didn't work either, and in my BIOS I also stopped the reference to the APM but still was not enough for my modem, thanks! :)