[hsflinux] laptop turns itself off?

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Sun Jul 14 11:40:01 EDT 2002

Thomas White <herr.weiss at btinternet.com> [020714 10:14]:
> Yes - I'm having similar problems.  I find my computer doesn't quite get as
> far as rebooting though: the screen goes blank and sometimes there's a
> continuous, regular beep-beep sound coming from the speakers.  I think this
> problem's known about though:
> http://www.mbsi.ca/pipermail/hsflinux/2002q2/000259.html

Hhm, yes, this seems to be the same problem.

> I'm using a Sony Vaio PCG-FX401 with the acpi-20020709 patch (plus a small
> bugfix patch from the ACPI mailing list to prevent the Kernel from panicing
> at bootup).  My modem is the 1106:3068 type with the

I have a FX501 and I am using acpi-2002-0611 on a vanilla kernel plus the
anti keyboard lock up patch.

> I had the exact same problem with the latest-but-one version of ACPI too.
> Reading the mailing list archives came up with a few possible solutions but
> none of them worked for me.

The problem only occurs if I am online over my internal modem. I can run the
laptop without any problems for hours by using a external modem or not going
online. But the use of the internal modem crashes my system.

Steinchen
--
http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren,