[hsflinux] Success with 8086:2486

Eva eva at megaphone.org
Sat Jul 20 13:00:25 EDT 2002

Hello!

I just wanted to report my success with the installation of my modem
on a Sony Vaio PCG-872M. The ids of the modem are 8086:2486
I am running Redhat 7.3, I tried to patch the kernel with the latest
acpi patch as proposed in this list. And it didn't work, I couldn't
compile a kernel anymore after patching. So I followed the advice of
Tony and got a (2.4.18) kernel from kernel.org, patched it, compiled
it, reinstalled the hsf drivers from Marc (tar-archive), ran hsfconfig
and my modem worked!

You are just reading the second mail I sent from my Linux-Laptop!

Thank you very much to all of you, especially to Tony and most
 especially
to Marc!

Eva