[hsflinux] Help!

Robert Acosta acostar at attglobal.net
Tue Jul 16 13:22:14 EDT 2002

Greetings,
I am slowing making my way through the world of Linux and have hit on a mystery. I am trying to use my PCI Conexant Soft56k modem with WinLinux 2001. I downloaded the drivers and have tried without success to access the modem. I made sure that the driver compiled the appropriate modules and that it made a link to /dev/modem. I just can't get the modem to be recognized by kppp or wvdial. Sending ppp commands to the modem have yielded nothing. I am running 1 Ghz Athlon, 393 MB, WinLinux 2001. Any hope on this matter will be appreciated.
Many thanks in advance,