[hsflinux] kernel requirements

Sourav.Mandal at ikaran.com Sourav.Mandal at ikaran.com
Wed Jul 24 19:11:47 EDT 2002

Sidil:

So, if I understand you correctly, I want:

* The same compiler used to compile the kernel to compile
the modules.  Already doing that, since I'm dealing with
my custom kernel.  You DO NOT mean I must use the same
compiler to compile the kernel that was used to compile
the binary-only bits of the driver, right?

* Kmod turned off.  This will make life a bit more
interesting, but worth a shot ...

I am planning to revert to vanilla sources (2.4.18)
and giving it another whirl ... if nothing else,
it will help me get ACPI to be more functional.

Thanks,

Sourav