[hsflinux] It works!

Sourav.Mandal at ikaran.com Sourav.Mandal at ikaran.com
Thu Jul 25 04:57:21 EDT 2002

Dear all,

I am pleased to report that the driver and config
work flawlessly, having downgraded to kernel rev.
2.4.18 (+ACPI+swsup+packet-cd).  Set up script
works well, and the connection is stable and
consistent.  Gentoo PPP scripts have no problem
with the setup, provided the correct device is
specified in the startup script.

I do not know if the problem was with 2.4.19 kernel
or with the myriad patches applied to create the
Gentoo stock kernel.  I might play with it once
the 2.4.19 vanilla sources enter Portage, as
the ACPI and swsusp aren't working anyway.  :-)

Cheers,

Sourav