[hsflinux] HSFi - no LONGER working... no carrier

gzu.ml at katamail.com gzu.ml at katamail.com
Wed Aug 7 17:55:07 EDT 2002

hallo,

my hsfi modem stopped working yesterday, apparently after having upgraded the driver with the latest available (I was using 06.06.02).

i'm costantly getting "NO CARRIER" in the system log (and the connection fails, of course); using listening to the phone I can hear the other modem working, but the mine remains silent....

i'm using a duron/sis735 with rh 7.3, pppd 2.4.1, I tried both 2.4.19 and 2.4.18 compiled from the original source tree. I tried the "ITALY" national settings, and the "USA" one (adding an atx3 in the wvdial configuration file)

I tried to revert back to the latest official driver release, and the one i was using before the disaster (with kernel version 2.4.18)... reconfiguring everything every time, of course... but the system remains completely non-working.

any idea?

thanks in advance
g.z.

ps: sorry for my horrible english ;-)