[hsflinux] HSFi - no LONGER working... no carrier

Gabriele Zugliani gzu.ml at katamail.com
Thu Aug 8 18:38:19 EDT 2002

other weird things... i'm using the latest driver with kernel 2.4.19....

the probability of success in connections is *much* higher when I launch
"ifup ppp0" without X/gnome activated wrt when I run it inside an rxvt....

:-o !!!

the only thing i can suspect is the fact that the cmedia audio card module
(cmpci) is loaded when i launch X.... and the cmedia device shares its
irq with the hsfi modem... anyway, i'm now writing this mail using mutt
under X... but I had to activate the connection outside X (without the cmpci
module loaded) and then start X.... esd is now using the on-board audio card.

anyway, i loaded the cmpci module and started using it with xmms... and the
connection stays up...

:-(

g.