[hsflinux] Dell Inspiron 8200 (Conexant by Actiontec modem)

Arindam Mandal arindamm at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 9 17:41:32 EDT 2002

I recently installed the hsf drivers for kernel
2.4.18-3 on redhat 7.3 running on a Dell Inspiron
8200. The laptop came with a Conexant Actiontec V92
compliant modem.

The drivers rpm installed fine and detected the
hardware and everything seems to work fine, except....

whenever i try to upload a large file, for example > 1
MB the dial up connection fails. Also, when I tried to
bring up an XEmacs window remotely from another
machine via X the dialup connection crashes but does
not hang up.

Any suggestions ?