[hsflinux] Problems on Sony Vaio PCG-FX601

Roland Marcus Rutschmann Rutschmann at gmx.de
Mon Aug 12 12:37:35 EDT 2002

Am Montag, 12. August 2002 08:53 schrieben Sie:
> On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> > marcogi at libero.it <marcogi at libero.it> [020810 10:41]:
> > >
> > > Well, disabling LOCAL APIC it seems hsf driver works fine. Still no
> > > hangs occurred.

Hi,

I (with a FX501) have not tested the drivers more than for testing reasons,
which works all right but I am not surprised that local APIC brings your
computer down. This ist NOT ACPI! See also the great Vaio Page
http://www.gaugusch.at/vaio/

(Apic is virtual multiprocessor support on single processors)

Just so you don't get lost in the false direction.

Greetings,

Roland