[hsflinux] System hang with VIA MC97 Controller

Jacques GANGLOFF jacques at eavr.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Aug 12 13:44:20 EDT 2002

Hi,

I experimented some system hangs (need power cycle)
on my VAIO FX702 with the latest hsf driver.

The mean time to crash is about 1 hour. So I'm afraid
it will be hard to debug.

It is only a feeling, but the system seems to be more
unstable when I first load the hsf driver and then the alsa driver
than the inverse.

I concluded that this is due to the hsf driver since
when I don't load it, the system works fluently.

My config :
Linux 2.4.18 + acpi 20020725 + alsa 0.9 rc2

When the system is up, the ppp connection works
pretty well.

Jacques

--
(