[hsflinux] Re: HELP! Connection only lasts 2 minutes... + HSFi no longer works...

Sourav K Mandal smandal at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 12 15:46:19 EDT 2002

> Anyway, at this point I've been connected with sound and modem working for
> about the past hour, so I'm at a complete loss as to what the issue is/was.

My performance is similarly flaky.  Some things that seem to help:

* Unload/reload modules when suspending if you're on a laptop.

* Turn off character escaping in your pppd configuration.

* The moment the ppp connection is made, ping the other side of
ppp connection, and leave ping running.  It seems like once data
flow stops the connection is more likely to drop; pinging
ensures that there is data flow.

Sourav