[hsflinux] Problems on Sony Vaio PCG-FX601 (solved)

marcogi at libero.it marcogi at libero.it
Sat Aug 17 20:27:10 EDT 2002

Hi,

after some test I found a working configuration for vaio fx601.
Machine hangs seems dued to audio driver. Switching to alsa 0.9.0rc1
(compiled from source using debian/unstable package) hangs go away.
Now I'm able to stay on line up to 60 min, still no hang occurred.

Today I gone online without loading alsa modules and machine crashed
after few minutes (kernel via82cxxx_audio was not loaded too).

Finaly my working config is:
- vanilla 2.4.18 kernel+acpi 20020726
- alsa 0.9.0rc1
- 5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02062500 hsf driver

Thanks everyone for help.

--
Regards,  Marco Gigante
Student at Pisa University - Computer Engineering