[hsflinux] reverted back to 5.03.03.L2mbsibeta02060200

Michael Landon - IBN mlandon at ibnads.com
Mon Aug 19 09:10:30 EDT 2002

Marc,

We have had to revert back to the 5.03.03.L2mbsibeta02060200 version of the
driver to find a version that works consistently.  So far, higher versions
have had problems including:

1) For a while, the modem is responding just fine...then all of a sudden we
get a message saying "OsDebugBreakpoint" and after that, the modem stops
dialing (you can send it init commands -- i.e., ATZ -- and it responds, but
if you send it ATDT commands, the modem just returns "NO CARRIER").

2) The modem will be responding fine and then we get an OOPS message saying
"Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address xxxxxx".  The
modem completely stops responding after this and requires a reboot to work
again.

3) The modem will be attempting to dial (we'll be sending an ATDT command)
and we get an OOPS message saying "Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer
dereference at virtual address xxxxxx".  As w/ the other OOPS message, the
modem completely stops responding & we have to reboot (the "cnxthsf_mdmthrd"
is dead).

So far version 5.03.03.L2mbsibeta02060200 has only had problem #3...but it
occurs VERY rarely.  With the higher versions, all of these problems happen
quite regularly.

We are running RH 7.3 (2.4.18_3) w/ an HSFi modem w/ the following info:
     Vendor Id         : 14F1
     Device Id         : 2F00
     Revision Id       : 01
     Sub Vendor Id     : 14F1
     Sub Device Id     : 2003

Any help w/ these issues would be greatly appreciated.
Michael