[hsflinux] ID 14F1:2F10

Thu Aug 22 08:53:23 EDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 11:42:29PM -0500, Andy Cor wrote:
>Hello:

hi

>I'm working on an Athlon machine.
>¿How can I do to this modem work correctly?

let's start with a clean install:
1. rpm -e hsflinmodem
2. rm -rf /etc/hsf

then, install the new driver:
3. rpm -ivh hsflinmodem.....
4. hsfconfig (confirm all)
5. hsfconfig --country (and select the proper one)

then you can try to start the ppp interface. keep an eye on
/var/log/messages (you can issue a tail -f /var/log/messages on a
new virtual console or rxvt for example, and then "trigger" the connection),
useful even for tracing things like other missing kernel modules
(or modules aliases, etc.)

if the modem is supported, it should work or you might be able to fix
the problem alone; or you might need other users opinion and experiences
here on the mailing list, but this time you will be able to include
information from the above mentioned system log (there should be an
hint there...).

>Additionaly I have some questions:

>2. If I download the RPM for my kernel version and arch.
>     ¿How I probe that the RPM is already installed? (correctly installed)

rpm:
rpm -qi hsflinmodem

modules (example for MY modem):
$ls /lib/modules/2.4.19/misc/hsf*
/lib/modules/2.4.19/misc/hsfbasic2.o  /lib/modules/2.4.19/misc/hsfosspec.o
/lib/modules/2.4.19/misc/hsfengine.o  /lib/modules/2.4.19/misc/hsfserial.o
/lib/modules/2.4.19/misc/hsfich.o     /lib/modules/2.4.19/misc/hsfyukon.o

configuration:
hsfconfig -i

>3. ¿What modules are needed to open a internet conection?

if you work with the standard kernel coming from your distribution,
they should be all in place. otherwise (if you had created your custom
kernel), check the network support section (devices + options) of
make menuconfig/xconfig before recompiling.

>4. ¿Where is the documentation of hsflinmodem-doc-(version).i386.rpm?
>     (the path)

rpm -ql hsflinux-doc

bye
g.