[hsflinux] problem with isntalling under gentoo linux.

Börkur bugsy at isl.is
Tue Sep 3 01:19:22 EDT 2002

Hi I'm trying to install the hsf modem driver under gentoo linux.
This is what I have accomplished so far. I installed Gentoo, and
everything went fine. I downloaded an untampered kernel from kernel.org.
The 2.4.18 to be exact. I compiled the Kernel. With Pre-Empt and
multiple CPu options turned off. Compiling went fine. Next i installed
hsfconfig, that wen fine. But when i tried to configure hsfconfig by
typing : hsfconfig .  The trouble started. I was faced with this waring.

Warning = /lib/modules/2.4.18/misc/hsfbasic2.o will taint the kernel
insmod =  Module hsfbasic2.o loaded with warnings.

I disregarded the error and tried WvDial. It dialled ( I had already
created the configuration file ) and everything seemed to work fine. It
dialled and i could hear the annoying beep from the modem. It said ppp
negotiation detected
pppd started. but after 5 second's i get a pppd died: error 10

anybody got any suggestion's?
All help is very much appriciated..

Best Regards, Berkz