[hsflinux] Re: message from the kernel

Marc Boucher marc at mbsi.ca
Tue Sep 3 01:33:31 EDT 2002

"ppp-compress-N" are alias names for PPP compression modules, which are
loaded dynamically. The number (N) represents the CCP option number for
each compression type. 21 is for BSD compression.

There should be an "alias ppp-compress-21 bsd_comp" line in /etc/modules.conf
but you can also use "alias ppp-compress-21 off" to stop the system
from trying to load the module and eliminate the "Can't locate module"
messages.

Marc