[hsflinux] required libraries for hsf modem driver.

Börkur bugsy at isl.is
Tue Sep 3 13:57:27 EDT 2002

I'm sorry i posted a new post explaining my story here it is for a reprint

"
This is what I have accomplished so far. I installed Gentoo, and
everything went fine. I downloaded an untampered kernel from kernel.org.
The 2.4.18 to be exact. I compiled the Kernel. With Pre-Empt and
multiple CPu options turned off. Compiling went fine. Next i installed
hsfconfig, that wen fine. But when i tried to configure hsfconfig by
typing : hsfconfig .  The trouble started. I was faced with this waring.

Warning = /lib/modules/2.4.18/misc/hsfbasic2.o will taint the kernel
insmod =  Module hsfbasic2.o loaded with warnings.

I disregarded the error and tried WvDial. It dialled ( I had already
created the configuration file ) and everything seemed to work fine. It
dialled and i could hear the annoying beep from the modem. It said ppp
negotiation detected
pppd started. but after 5 second's i get a pppd died: error 10

"

also where can i get info on how the /etc/modules.conf file should be..
shouldn't the hsfconfig shell script configure my modules.conf file?

Regards, Berkz