[hsflinux] HSF modem drivers and 2.5.34 kernel

Stween thestween at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 21 16:26:20 EDT 2002

Ok, so I know that the 2.5 series of kernels are as of yet unsupported,
but the info pages do state that some people have gotten the HSF modem
drivers running under the 2.5 kernels.

The 'make install' works fine for me, it falls over on the hsfconfig,
however. The output hsfconfig throws into /tmp follows:

------
`/usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec'
* Compiling mod_osspec.c
make -C osspec all
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec'
* Compiling osmemory.c
* Compiling osstring.c
* Compiling osdebug.c
* Compiling osfloat.c
* Compiling osstdio.c
* Compiling osmodule.c
* Compiling osnvm.c
* Compiling ostime.c
ostime.c: In function `cnxthsf_mdmthrd':
ostime.c:252: too many arguments to function `recalc_sigpending'
ostime.c:273: too many arguments to function `recalc_sigpending'
make[1]: *** [ostime.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec'
make: *** [osspec] Error 2
------

I haven't been able to find a way of getting round this problem, and
I'm no kernel hacker, so I don't want to start messing about with that.
I am working from a clean 2.5.34 kernel tree and clean HSF modem
sources.

I'd keep on using the 2.4.18 series kernel, but the 2.5.34 works far
nicer on my new system (sound works under ALSA, for one thing). It's
quite irritating to switch between the two just to get online.

Any help/pointers would be much appreciated.
Stween