[hsflinux] probably a better setting for kppp

Jasper V. Ferrer japee at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 22 02:11:08 EDT 2002

hi, i've just downloaded an hsf modem driver and compiled it successfully.
but when i try connecting with kppp, it just timeout.  so i tried wvdial, as
ur site suggests.  upon configuring wvdial (wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf) it
reports that some lines in my ppp options file (/etc/ppp/options) my conflict
with wvdial, so i commented those lines and wvdial worked fine.

i thought maybe now i can connect with kppp, when i tried voila!!! it
connects!  i just want to share this experience, maybe someone might find
this useful.

here is my options file:

lock
defaultroute
noipdefault
modem
#/dev/ttyS0   <--- this is the one commented out
#57600         <--- and this one too,  both according to wvdialconf
crtscts
#noauth
passive
asyncmap 0

sorry i have to email this to u instead of the list, i dont want to subscribe
just to send 1 message.

thank u very much for the wonderful effort and more power!

--
/*!
 * Fate it seems...is not without any sense of irony.